The SAN FRANCISCO CITY WORKERS' PENSION FUND
has a $25 million investment in the AEW Capital Management real estate fund
that owns Hotel Frank!
Why does the SF Pension Fund own a San Francisco hotel that won't sign a Union contract,
won't pay for medical coverage or pensions, makes life a living hell for its workers,
and fires and disciplines workers in violation of federal law?
That is the question we will be asking when we picket the next meeting of the SF Pension Board:
WEDNESDAY, MAY 9
30 VAN NESS (one-half block north of Market)
HOTEL FRANK PICKET LINE ACTION
New, Expanded Schedule!
Geary and Mason, San Francisco
Every WEDNESDAY, THURSDAY and FRIDAY:
7:00 am to 8:00 am
3:00 pm to 5:30 pm
Every SATURDAY and SUNDAY
7:00 am to 8:00 am
AN INJURY TO ONE IS AN INJURY TO ALL!
Hotel Frank was auctioned off in a foreclosure sale in May, 2010 by WELLS FARGO.
The bank then sold the hotel to a financial speculator called AEW CAPITAL MANAGEMENT.
The hotel is now managed by a company called PROVENANCE.
(But ask again tomorrow...)
Since the foreclosure sale:
• Management refuses to recognize the Union contract that existed for nearly 40 years.
• The hotel did not pay one penny for medical coverage or pensions for almost two years.
• We all have to work an extra half-hour per day for free.
• Room cleaners clean many more rooms, even if it means skipping breaks and meal periods.
• Staffing has been cut at the front desk and in housekeeping, while the workload has increased.
• A federal judge has found the hotel guilty of firing and disciplining workers for Union activities
For more on the Hotel Frank fight:
http://www.Facebook.com/BoycottHotelFrank?sk=wall (Like Us!)
- AFSCME Local 444 negotiations assesment 1997
- Preparing for Revolution: A discussion document
- The Internal lives of Revolutionary Organizations
- Socialist Alternative members: Questions and Answers
- Sanders: Our Alternative
- The Nature of the New European Left
- Catastrophic Climate Change: Caused by Capitalism
- University of California workers and Unions
- An Invitation to Our Readers
- Facts For Working People Weekly Phone Conferences and Discussions