Sunday, December 6, 2015

You will eat the flesh of your sons and the flesh of your daughters.

If you will not listen to me and carry out all these commands, and if you reject my decrees and abhor my laws and fail to carry out all my commands and so violate my covenant, then I will do this to you: I will bring on you sudden terror, wasting diseases and fever that will destroy your sight and sap your strength...

I will send wild animals against you, and they will rob you of your children, destroy your cattle and make you so few in number that your roads will be deserted...

If in spite of this you still do not listen to me but continue to be hostile toward me, then in my anger I will be hostile toward you, and I myself will punish you for your sins seven times over. You will eat the flesh of your sons and the flesh of your daughters.

These threats are from the Bible. From the god Christians and Jews worship I assume.  Some people read these to people, told them they were from the Koran and asked them what they thought.  Here’s a few of the responses:

If you've been raised with this book and these kinds of thoughts it's going to influence the way you think

The world is changing and I think they should have to adapt to it.

How could anyone believe in this?! That’s unbelievable to me


Now if Christians, and most likely Jews, were told these was from the bible they would laugh it off, make some excuse as to what it meant etc. The truth is, these books do affect the way people think unfortunately and it helps to confuse them about the real world, about how things actually work. We have religious fanatics here in the US. They would be very similar to the Taliban in how they organized society. Many of the Jewish settlers that are settled on Palestinian land are also religious fanatics. The difference in the US so far is they can't politically get away with a Taliban like regime.  If they could they would institute one.

I went to a church a week or so ago and the preacher was describing hell and what would happen to you if you didn't accept that Jesus Christ was god. The only way to avoid eternal pain and misery was by doing this. Those that didn't accept Jesus as god and the creator of life would suffer the most damnable future.

People didn't seem to disagree with that.  Not a very tolerant belief system religion.

No comments: