From Martin Legassick in South Africa.
Farmworkers from around the Western Cape rallied and marched in Cape Town on 23 March, the Saturday after Human Rights Day, to demand R150 a day, decent conditions, land and dignity for farmworkers. Farmworker speakers said if farmers were not prepared to give them decent conditions of work and life they will take over the farms themselves. The march was organized by a Coalition of farmworker unions and NGOs including DLF affiliates Commercial, Stevedoring, Agricultural and Allied Workers Union (CSAAWU), Mawubuye and TCOE.
- AFSCME Local 444 negotiations assesment 1997
- Preparing for Revolution: A discussion document
- The Internal lives of Revolutionary Organizations
- Socialist Alternative members: Questions and Answers
- Sanders: Our Alternative
- University of California workers and Unions
- An Invitation to Our Readers
- Facts For Working People Weekly Phone Conferences and Discussions
- Help open The AFL-CIO AIFLD Archives