Monday, March 18, 2024

Hackney Turns Out for Dianne Abbot after latest Racist Assault.

 

Richard Mellor

I am not too familiar with Dianne Abbot's politics. I know she was in Corbyn's cabinet and she has been an MP for a long time from Hackney.

I was quite moved by this rally as the community came out on short notice to defend her. I have watched her on some talk shows where she shared some of the vile abuse she has been subjected to on social media.  She faced vile personal attacks from the racists and misogynists and has often been attacked for her weight.

The latest attack and what sparked off this rally from what I can gather, is the most recent remark from a Conservative Party donor, a business man, Frank Hester,  who runs a health and tech concern.  He is alleged to have said that Dianne Abbot made him, "want to hate all black women" and that she "should be shot".

No comments: