Wednesday, March 11, 2020

Free the Children. End Racist US Immigration Polices



"Vive en mí" a letter written by lead singer Luis Carbajal to his mother who he last seen 14 years ago. This song is a reminder of how we lack an immigration reform and aims to bring hope to all those mothers and families who are missing a loved one. Special thanks to : Quintin, Jerome, Field, Reach Ashland Y.C.

Richard Mellor
Editor Facts For Working People

This video and this song is from my dear friends Luis Carbajal and Newman Vila. I have known them for a while. I do not know the other band members but I know that Luis and Newman would be working with wonderful young people. I've known Luis for a long time in his short life and have played some music with them.  Luis speaks English and Spanish as does Newman. Both they and their parents and relatives have worked long and hard contributing to the economic prosperity of the United States

We are in this insane situation in the US where Luis ( I am not sure of Newman's status and don't ask me where he got the name Newman that is a private thing) cannot visit his family because if he leaves the US he cannot return, never mind that he went to school here, speaks English fluently and has worked in various jobs. So US law ensures he and millions like him cannot ever visit their loved ones in Mexico. This is the situation hundreds of thousands of Mexican and other immigrants from the South find themselves in. 

I am from the UK, an English immigrant in these United States. And I have to say, I would not have the nerve to suggest that any person on this continent who has one ounce of indigenous or native blood has no right to be here; and many of the people whose children are locked in cages and concentration camps under the orders of the racist Trump Administration fit that category.

Like the Irish who fled to all corners of the world to escape British colonial violence, the immigrants from our southern border come North because of the role US imperialism has played in the plunder and robbery in that part of the world. People do not leave their homes and their country because they don't like living there.

I am sharing this song and I am including the lyrics for English and Spanish speakers. I do not normally ask people to share stuff on Facebook or here. But please share this. We have here, young working class people who deserve the support of workers everywhere.

Lyrics:

 Sigue el llanto, damos cambios El tiempo se va, y yo sigo aqui Recordando bellos tiempos Añorando el momento cuando te perdi Sigue el llanto, mientrastanto Este amor que tu me das Aun vive en mi Tu amor vive en mi Oh madre, oh madre Tu amor vive en mi.

English Translation Tears continue, we keep changing Time runs out, yet I'm still here Remembering beautiful times Longing the moment I lost you Tears continue, meanwhile This love you give me Still lives in me Your love lives in me Oh mother, oh mother Your love lives in me.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

This is great Richard. Thank you for the support, we appreciate your thoughts insincerity.