- AFSCME Local 444 negotiations assesment 1997
- The Internal lives of Revolutionary Organizations
- Socialist Alternative members: Questions and Answers
- Sanders: Our Alternative
- An Invitation to Our Readers
- Facts For Working People Weekly Phone Conferences and Discussions
- Help open The AFL-CIO AIFLD Archives
Saturday, July 14, 2018
India to US: Class or Caste. It's all About Social Control.
This woman grew up in what is called the world's largest democracy. But then, we are taught of the greatness of Athenian or Greek Democracy are we not. But Greek Democracy was a democracy for slave owners. Slaves could not vote. We are now in the grasp of bourgeois democracy, capitalist democracy. Workers won universal suffrage from them but vote for the public ownership of the corporations with compensation on proven need and you'll see how democratic bourgeois democracy is.
As the women explains here, the caste system is all about economic power and is backed by religious claptrap. Imagine how this type of brutal oppression damages the human character.