The greatest catastrophe humanity faces is climate change. We have been a short time on this floating orb. There is no guarantee that humans will not go the way of the dinosaurs. There is no heaven, no hell, just what we have. We are not "sinners. There are no "battles" between good and evil. No struggles between gods and Satan, there is just organic life.
Human society has gone through phases, different ways of organizing our means of extracting from nature our necessities of life. We have talked of conquering nature, but we can't and why would we want to? We are but a small part of it and we have reached a level of development where we have a choice. We can function in harmony with nature and without hostility to it. Just like keeping a clean house. We have in the past, when society was organized differently and we were closer to the land. There are still remnants of this social organization left today. If anything, these cultures are in the forefront of the struggle against the social suicide the human race is presently heading toward if the production of the necessities of life does not return to a collective
social function, in cooperation with each other and with respect for our
environment. Capitalism is poisoning Mother Earth and human life with it. It cannot advance humanity, only destroy it. Nature will always be here.
You can read more about this event here
- AFSCME Local 444 negotiations assesment 1997
- Preparing for Revolution: A discussion document
- The Internal lives of Revolutionary Organizations
- Socialist Alternative members: Questions and Answers
- Sanders: Our Alternative
- The Nature of the New European Left
- Catastrophic Climate Change: Caused by Capitalism
- University of California workers and Unions
- An Invitation to Our Readers
- Facts For Working People Weekly Phone Conferences and Discussions