Facts For Working People sends solidarity, condolences and our thoughts for the dead and injured in Islamabad.
From Farooq Tariq.
General Secretary, Awami Workers Party
At the suicidal attack on district courts in
Islamabad, one comrade of Kashmir Labour Party, Raja Basharat was
seriously injured by the firing of the religious fanatics. A bullet hit
his stomach and was rushed to hospital by comrade Nisar Shah information
secretary Awami Workers Party. Fortunately, Nisar Shah was at his
chamber at the time of attack which was not hit by the fanatics. 11 died
including a district judge and a women advocate in the incident of two
suicidal attacks at the court yesterday on 3rd March while dozens
Raja Basharat advocate contested elections in 2010 for
Kashmir Assembly as a candidate of Kashmir Labour Party, along with
Nisar Shah who contested elections from a different constituency. He was
an active member of Labour Party Pakistan. Raja Basharat was an active
participant of lawyers movement as well. I personally have met this
comrade several times and had time spent at the lawyers canteen where he
was hit at Islamabad district courts.
Awami Workers Party
expressed solidarity with the families of those who lost their lives or
injured condemned the attack by the fanatics and demanded an immediate
cancellation of all sort of contacts with fanatics by state institutions
including the so-called proposed talks with religious fanatics.
- AFSCME Local 444 negotiations assesment 1997
- Preparing for Revolution: A discussion document
- The Internal lives of Revolutionary Organizations
- Socialist Alternative members: Questions and Answers
- Sanders: Our Alternative
- University of California workers and Unions
- An Invitation to Our Readers
- Facts For Working People Weekly Phone Conferences and Discussions
- Help open The AFL-CIO AIFLD Archives