- AFSCME Local 444 negotiations assesment 1997
- Preparing for Revolution: A discussion document
- The Internal lives of Revolutionary Organizations
- Socialist Alternative members: Questions and Answers
- Sanders: Our Alternative
- The Nature of the New European Left
- Catastrophic Climate Change: Caused by Capitalism
- University of California workers and Unions
- An Invitation to Our Readers
- Facts For Working People Weekly Phone Conferences and Discussions
Friday, November 29, 2013
Humans fighting over commodities at WalMart. Must buy or die.
This is a major holiday in the US supposedly to thank those who were already here for their kindness to those Europeans who came much later. This is what some people are doing for it. In this country we are bombarded day in day out by ads pushing us to buy this, buy that consume, consume, consume. "You can't be a man if you don't have a bigger TV set than me."
This behavior is a legacy of that propaganda and also a legacy of a passive and moribund Labor movement. The silence of the heads of organized Labor on these matters is deafening. This is a store where workers are treated like cattle. It's owners, the offspring of the stores' founder, have more wealth than 90 million Americans.
Isn't freedom swell.