Oh yeah! Those damn firefighters earn too much money don't they. Their pensions are too high aren't they. All they do is sit around the firehouse all day waiting for something to do don't they. But when they go to work sometimes this happens. Donald Trump and the coupon clippers earning $5 billion a year doing no productive labor are a strain on the economy, not these guys.
19 firefighters have died battling a fast-moving wildfire.
Forestry spokesman Art Morrison says the firefighters were caught by
the fire Sunday afternoon near the central Arizona town of Yarnell. He
says they were forced to deploy their fire shelters. Earlier Sunday, the wildfire prompted evacuations of 50 homes in
several communities about 85 miles northwest of Phoenix. Later Sunday
afternoon, the Yavapai County Sheriff's Office expanded the evacuations
to include more residents in the town of Yarnell.
Morrison says several homes in the community of Glenisle have been
burned. He says no injuries or deaths have been reported from that area.
About 200 firefighters are fighting the wildfire, which has also forced the closure of parts of state Route 89.
- AFSCME Local 444 negotiations assesment 1997
- Preparing for Revolution: A discussion document
- The Internal lives of Revolutionary Organizations
- Socialist Alternative members: Questions and Answers
- Sanders: Our Alternative
- The Nature of the New European Left
- Catastrophic Climate Change: Caused by Capitalism
- University of California workers and Unions
- An Invitation to Our Readers
- Facts For Working People Weekly Phone Conferences ...