Right now the votes for Prop 37 to label genetically engineered foods are still being counted. On Tuesday morning, Dec 4th, Prop 37 hit 6,004,628 votes on the California Secretary of State’s website, but this tally was quickly reversed within an hour of being publicized by Food Democracy Now!
Since November 6th, the vote count in California has been updated daily until December 4th, when the vote count hit 6 million for the first time. When contacted, the Secretary of State's office stated there would be no further updates to the vote totals until Dec 14th when state law requires the election results to be certified. County elected officials only have until COB Dec 7th to submit final results so we need your help now!
At the same time, Food Democracy Now! has learned that a team of independent statisticians have detected “statistical anomalies” in the largest precincts of 9 counties, including Orange, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Alameda and San Diego counties.
We find this news troubling and think it’s important that the Secretary of State’s office know that we are watching these developments closely and expect honest and fair election results.
Join us in standing up for open and transparent elections, it’s important that all votes be counted and any possible malfeasance is properly investigated by California election officials. Count all the ballots, be open and transparent, because we have the Right to Know!
Click here to download proof that Prop 37 has earned 6 million votes, share on Facebook and with your friends to demand openness and transparency in elections.
For those who want the background, here are the links:
1. "Proposition 37: Genetically Engineered Foods Labeling", California Secretary of State, December 3, 2012, 4:58 p.m.
2. “Election fraud in California Prop 37? vote count hits 6 million, then CA Secretary of States site loses 18,000 votes? pic.twitter.com/hlk4VM7i” @food_democracy, December 4, 2012
3. “Documented Deceptions of No on 37 Campaign”, California Right to Know Campaign, November 2, 2012
4. "Rigged Elections", Op-Ed News, Michael Collins, October 22, 2012
5. “How to Rig an Election”, Victoria Collier, Harper’s Magazine, November 5, 2012
6. “None Dare Call it Stolen”, Mark Crispin Miller, Harper’s Magazine, August 2005