- AFSCME Local 444 negotiations assesment 1997
- Preparing for Revolution: A discussion document
- The Internal lives of Revolutionary Organizations
- Socialist Alternative members: Questions and Answers
- Sanders: Our Alternative
- The Nature of the New European Left
- Catastrophic Climate Change: Caused by Capitalism
- University of California workers and Unions
- An Invitation to Our Readers
- Facts For Working People Weekly Phone Conferences and Discussions
Monday, August 6, 2012
Dan Cathy and Chick-fil-A's: doing gods work
His company, Cathy said in a subsequent interview, "Was very much supportive of the family----the biblical definition of the family unit.". Now I haven't read the bible in a while, I enjoyed the allegorical narratives and tales of death and sex and magic when I was a child but I do remember that the guys in it had lots of women. They had lots of women who beget lots of children who seemed to marry cousins and all sorts of other shennanigans. I always figured the allegories must have been written by men as women got such a raw deal in it. From the very first tale a woman was a liar, deceiver, a trickster as she tempted that poor guy to make a deal with the most evil force in the cosmos.
So I am a bit confused by the likes of these billionaires who quote the bible all the time. Does Cathy have lots of wives? Chick-fil-A's is a company run on firm "biblical principles" the family says and its mission is to "Glorify god by being a faithful steward of all that is entrusted to us" and no doubt that includes profits I'm sure.
Cathy, who was dressed up as a dwarf by his dad as a kid and made to sing to customers for entertainment might have been damaged by this trauma as I haven't heard him say much about the inhumane conditions of both animals and humans that work in the chicken factories that supply his restaurants. If this is how god wants these bosses to treat the animals and humans he "entrusted" to us, I have a bit of a bone (not chicken) to pick with him. Why did he entrust them to people like this?
And isn't there something in the bible about the minimum wage?