We have blogged about the continued land grabs and exploitation of Africa's resources by investors and foreign corporations, there are some examples here and here and here . The video below from al Jazeera reports on an increasing push in to Africa by investors and pension funds seeking good returns. The Chinese are also heavy investors. Land is cheap, national governments weak and corrupt in many cases and the people whose land it is, not as a commodity but a means of subsistence, are generally not organized to the extent that they can stop it. Naturally, the investors are moving in as egalitarians, "it's a win win situation" says one of them.
Watch out for the "win win."
- AFSCME Local 444 negotiations assesment 1997
- Preparing for Revolution: A discussion document
- The Internal lives of Revolutionary Organizations
- Socialist Alternative members: Questions and Answers
- Sanders: Our Alternative
- The Nature of the New European Left
- Catastrophic Climate Change: Caused by Capitalism
- University of California workers and Unions
- An Invitation to Our Readers
- Facts For Working People Weekly Phone Conferences and Discussions