Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Life's pressures

I spent 45 minutes today simply canceling a phone service. They keep you on the phone when they think you're leaving and then they charged me $6.00. I was nice to the guy, after all, he's only doing a job and he's probably got the boss breathing down his neck.

But it is so stressful. I am retired but I would have had to try to do this during work hours before. It made me think about all the stuff we have to do simply to function; pay bills, call the doctor, go to an appointment, meet the kids teachers. And if you don't pay the bills we know what can happen, you can find yourself without heat or water or communication.

And can the folks in Denver stop the TV volume going crazy when the ad comes on; in fact, can they stops the damn ads?

I don't think so.

No comments: