Wednesday, June 30, 2021

Identity Politics, Race and the Suppression of Working Class Consciousness.

Adolph Reed is right.

Richard Mellor

Afscme Local 444, retired

My thoughts on race and identity politics as a means of obscuring the class question.

I point out in the video that all we hear about these days is the need to "talk about race". It is important we talk about race as race (or color) prejudice is the dominant divide and rule strategy of the US ruling class. But the present narrative on this subject is dominated by the petit-bourgeois and liberal academia.

The ruling class has to address it as its most prominent victims will not stay silent. So we have these middle class layers, multi-millionaires some of them, running around apologizing and trying to pacify the movement this way. The end result for this section of society will always be to blame the white worker in order to receive absolution, make an apology feigning junior partner status and maintain the status quo.

The present narrative is not intended to bring workers together, it is lip service to the tremendous social upheaval we have seen in the US and around the world in response to police violence, especially with regard to the USA and the murder of black people here. These are some of my thoughts and if you have questions send them to me at: we_know_whats_up@yahoo.com

If you would like to hear my thoughts (and other workers like me) on other issues like these send me an e mail and ask. It will help me to think about them and and learn from it and hopefully help you. It's a way of helping me understand what we're up against Thanks for listening and check out the blog at: weknowwhatsup.blogspot.com

No comments: