Friday, June 25, 2021

Gay Pride and Stonewall is about Changing Society

 

Richard Mellor

Given that Facts For Working People, and myself in particular have not been active in any of the Gay Pride celebrations of late, I am posting this video from 2013 of a rally I attended prior to the Pride Parade supporting efforts to have Bradley Manning as the Grand Marshall. As I see it, this split the gay community along class lines.  This video I shot at the Gay Pride celebration in 2013, 8 years ago. I was somewhat, and this blog was very supportive of, Bradley Manning, later Chelsea Manning who did the US working class a huge service by informing us what the US military war machine was doing in our name. For that, Chelsea Manning and Julian Assange have been imprisoned and tortured by the US state, aided by their British hangers on.

I do not know how to separate the clip that I think is the most important comment to hear, but this speaker I first heard at a rally I spoke at earlier than this one and was very impressed by his comments He speaks at at about 9.30 in to it. 

No comments: