- AFSCME Local 444 negotiations assesment 1997
- Preparing for Revolution: A discussion document
- The Internal lives of Revolutionary Organizations
- Socialist Alternative members: Questions and Answers
- Sanders: Our Alternative
- The Nature of the New European Left
- University of California workers and Unions
- An Invitation to Our Readers
- Facts For Working People Weekly Phone Conferences and Discussions
- Help open The AFL-CIO AIFLD Archives
Tuesday, June 5, 2018
Irish President Speaks to Survivors of Magdalene Laundries
Many of our readers would have seen the movie or heard of the Magdalene Laundries in Ireland. These were institutions where young women were basically imprisoned and worked as slave labor by the Catholic Church. Women the Catholic hierarchy (a bunch of old men) deemed loose or, as the name Magdalene implies, promiscuous.
This is Michael D Higgins, the President of Ireland speaking to a group of women who were exploited in the laundries.
There is also an interview with four survivors in this video:
For further reading on the vicious war that the Catholic Church hierarchy waged against the population of Ireland and especially women read:
Irish referendum. Great Victory. But Irish Capitalism's collusion with Catholic Hierarchy ignored.