- AFSCME Local 444 negotiations assesment 1997
- Preparing for Revolution: A discussion document
- The Internal lives of Revolutionary Organizations
- Socialist Alternative members: Questions and Answers
- Sanders: Our Alternative
- The Nature of the New European Left
- University of California workers and Unions
- An Invitation to Our Readers
- Facts For Working People Weekly Phone Conferences and Discussions
- Help open The AFL-CIO AIFLD Archives
Monday, April 30, 2018
How Long is an Hour? It depends. Doesn't it?
How so much more interesting the world is when we look at it free of mysticism and idealism, a philosophical world view of which religion and religious thinking is an integral part. The universe and our understanding of it is a never ending experience.
It is not an inherent hostility to religion that I am personally driven by, it's that it closes the door to our understanding of the world. Religious explanations of our existence and why events occur cannot help humanity move forward, only retreat. As Stephen Hawking was known to have said, "science will win" in a battle with religion "because it works." RM