- AFSCME Local 444 negotiations assesment 1997
- Preparing for Revolution: A discussion document
- The Internal lives of Revolutionary Organizations
- Socialist Alternative members: Questions and Answers
- Sanders: Our Alternative
- The Nature of the New European Left
- Catastrophic Climate Change: Caused by Capitalism
- University of California workers and Unions
- An Invitation to Our Readers
- Facts For Working People Weekly Phone Conferences ...
Monday, September 14, 2015
Video's: Jeremy Corbyn's victory speech and singing "The Red Flag" in a Pub
from Stephen Morgan
While we should have no illusions in the new left leaders ability to actual carry through a socialist transformation of society, Corbyn's appointment for Shadow Chancellor (second highest position in government, equivalent to Minister of Finances) is John McDonnell - a former production worker and official for the National Union of Mineworkers. He is generally described as a radical socialist, who wants "to overthrow capitalism" in his words and wants to nationalise all the banks, railways and utility companies, and hike taxes on companies, telling a rally at the annual Trade Union Congress that he had been "campaigning for the nationalisation of the banks' for years." 'They are jokers, these bankers'. What is most important of all is the movement that brought Corbyn to this point.
All pretty amazing stuff for the leaders of a so-called "bourgeois party", as the Committee for a Workers' International (CWI) describes it!
Here is short clip of Corbyn singing the British socialist anthem, "The Red Flag".
"The People's Flag is deepest red, It shrouded oft our martyred dead, And ere their limbs grew stiff and cold, Their hearts' blood dyed its every fold.
Chorus: So raise the scarlet standard high. Beneath its folds we'll live and die, Though cowards flinch and traitors sneer, We'll keep the red flag flying here."