I have to say I love George Carlin and this clip is to give our readers a good laugh. The weakness in this type of political comedy of course is that the politicians do what they do not because they are politicians in general or bad people particularly but because they represent class interests. This doesn't mean that politicians in a workers party or a non workers party don't lie and deceive. But they do it because, despite claiming to represent workers their actions are determined by their conscious acceptance of alien class ideology. They are forced by objective reality to deceive.
Still, George does a good job here.
- AFSCME Local 444 negotiations assesment 1997
- Preparing for Revolution: A discussion document
- The Internal lives of Revolutionary Organizations
- Socialist Alternative members: Questions and Answers
- Sanders: Our Alternative
- The Nature of the New European Left
- University of California workers and Unions
- An Invitation to Our Readers
- Facts For Working People Weekly Phone Conferences and Discussions
- Help open The AFL-CIO AIFLD Archives