by Michael Roberts
On Friday, I am going to the funeral of Antonia Bird who died of
cancer last week. Antonia was a great British stage, film and TV
director, making several riveting Hollywood movies. But more important,
she was an exciting and class conscious director of both fiction and
non-fiction drama. Here are some obituaries.
And Antonia was a committed socialist, something omitted from most accounts of her life, and yet central to her motivations. She made several great movies, but the one I Iiked a lot was Hamburg Cell, the best account and explanation of the motives and actions of the 9/11 bombers.
I was honoured to have been her friend, along with husband Ian, and comrade.
Bye , bye, Bird.
- AFSCME Local 444 negotiations assesment 1997
- Preparing for Revolution: A discussion document
- The Internal lives of Revolutionary Organizations
- Socialist Alternative members: Questions and Answers
- Sanders: Our Alternative
- The Nature of the New European Left
- Catastrophic Climate Change: Caused by Capitalism
- University of California workers and Unions
- An Invitation to Our Readers
- Facts For Working People Weekly Phone Conferences ...