- AFSCME Local 444 negotiations assesment 1997
- Preparing for Revolution: A discussion document
- The Internal lives of Revolutionary Organizations
- Socialist Alternative members: Questions and Answers
- Sanders: Our Alternative
- The Nature of the New European Left
- Catastrophic Climate Change: Caused by Capitalism
- University of California workers and Unions
- An Invitation to Our Readers
- Facts For Working People Weekly Phone Conferences ...
Monday, October 14, 2013
A tour of Fukushima Daiichi nuclear site
The narrator, Arnie Gundersen who has written a book about Fukushima, makes an interesting point in this video: what will happen if another earthquake occurs? It wouldn't have to be a major one and Japan has many small earthquakes. I was not aware that US companies, GE for example, is responsible for building these nuclear reactors so close to the ocean and Gundersen points out that Japanese engineers recognized this as a mistake when building reactors five and six further inland and at a higher elevation. There is no doubt we are being kept completely in the dark when it comes to the actual environmental pollution and contamination of the sea water, drinking water and human consumption. It is not just our health and the environment that is damaged, like the recent economic crash, the massive clean up that will continue for decades if not a century or more, will fall to the public sector. As is normally the case, the job of cleaning up after private industry falls to the taxpayer.