I went to a protest last night in San Francisco. The event was organized by members of the LGBTQ community and supporters demanding that the board that organizes Gay Pride reinstate Bradley Manning as San Francisco Pride Grand Marshal. This is a significant event in San Francisco. Manning is the young soldier who is in prison facing life for releasing the US diplomatic cables to Wikileaks. Manning is also gay. The speakers also condemned the increasing corporate influence in the SF Pride event and the control of it by wealthy members, basically the capitalist class, of their community.
There were maybe 60 or 70 people there including some members of the military. I managed to video some of the speakers at the open mike but missed one speaker who gave some interesting history about this movement, of which I am not so familiar. I spoke to him at the end.
- AFSCME Local 444 negotiations assesment 1997
- Preparing for Revolution: A discussion document
- The Internal lives of Revolutionary Organizations
- Socialist Alternative members: Questions and Answers
- Sanders: Our Alternative
- The Nature of the New European Left
- University of California workers and Unions
- An Invitation to Our Readers
- Facts For Working People Weekly Phone Conferences and Discussions
- Help open The AFL-CIO AIFLD Archives