"First of all, from what I understand from doctors [pregnancy after rape] is really rare," "If it's a legitimate rape, the female body has ways to try to shut that whole thing down."
So says Missouri Republican Rep. Todd Akin. These are some of the bright minds in US politics. It's amazing how the most ardent opponents of abortions are people that will never have to make that choice, men. The same type of fortunate sons people who will never have to consider robbing a store or an individual out of desperation and talk about being "tough on crime" except for the legal thieving they and their friends do. The same thinking as those who tell the unemployed and especially the youth, that they need to just go and get a job. There's going to be some crap hit the fan in this country in the period ahead. Listen to this moron.
- AFSCME Local 444 negotiations assesment 1997
- Preparing for Revolution: A discussion document
- The Internal lives of Revolutionary Organizations
- Socialist Alternative members: Questions and Answers
- Sanders: Our Alternative
- The Nature of the New European Left
- Catastrophic Climate Change: Caused by Capitalism
- University of California workers and Unions
- An Invitation to Our Readers
- Facts For Working People Weekly Phone Conferences and Discussions