One of the ways that the US government tries to keep its population at home behind its occupation and war in Afghanistan is by portraying it as being in support of women's rights. This is a lie. Here is what one of its diplomats said the war was about and what US Imperialism would accept.
"Taliban will develop like the Saudis did. There will be Aramco, pipelines, an emir, no parliament and lots of Sharia law. We can live with that"
If the Taliban win this war, and at the moment it is clear the US is losing, then Us Imperialism with its giant oil corporations in the lead, will accept the disastrous position of Afghan women. For US Imperialism it is a question of oil and gas wealth and power and control over central Asia. They are not worried about the position of Afghan women.
- AFSCME Local 444 negotiations assesment 1997
- Preparing for Revolution: A discussion document
- The Internal lives of Revolutionary Organizations
- Socialist Alternative members: Questions and Answers
- Sanders: Our Alternative
- The Nature of the New European Left
- University of California workers and Unions
- An Invitation to Our Readers
- Facts For Working People Weekly Phone Conferences and Discussions
- Help open The AFL-CIO AIFLD Archives