There have been big demonstrations in Argentina in response to the train crash that killed 51 people. on February 22nd. There had been many complaints about the aged rail system and the rail cars in question were four decades old and just crumpled on impact crushing passengers in a mangled heap of metal and flesh. Riot police fired tear gas at the protesters and according to some reports, others have been arrested. There is also increased talk of re-nationalizing the rail system which was privatized in the 1990's and the government has taken it over temporarily as an investigation ensues. There were also a series of nasty train accidents in Britain after the railways were privatized.
The WSWS has an excellent article on the crash and the protests for further reading.
- AFSCME Local 444 negotiations assesment 1997
- Preparing for Revolution: A discussion document
- The Future International
- The Workers' International Network: Questions and ...
- The Internal lives of Revolutionary Organizations
- Socialist Alternative members: Questions and Answers
- Project For a Working People's World
- Sanders Clings to Democrats: Make the Greens an Al...